Welcome!

"If you are out looking for the truth, leave elegance to the tailor" -A.Einstein

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Recapping a dead Epox 8KRA2+

This article has been published on the overclockers.com front page. You can find it HERE


Flailboy from OCForums took advantage of my recapping services and sent me his Epox board to work on. Let us see why the board does not POST.

Talk about putting crap on a motherboard... Almost all GSC 1500uF and 1000uF cans are leaking.

Caps are:

Sanyo 3300uF 6.3V (will not be replaced)
Teapo 1500uF 6.3V
GSC 1000uF, 1500uF 6.3V



Replacements:

Chemicon LXZ and Sanyo OS-CON 560uF, 4V Conductive Polymer caps. You can see the leaky crap GSC and the replacements.


Phase: I
I merely replaced the blown caps to see if the board POST's. Success. It POST's!

Update:
Memtesting now for over 1 hr 45 min. I'll let it run all day tonight and tomorrow, I'm going to proceed with replacing the rest of the crapacitors with either OS-CON or Chemicon LXZ. For some reason, this board won't run PC3500 BH5. I'm running PC3200 BH5 with no problems. These are at stock settings. I will not risk running an OC with any GSC's around.

Update#2
Memtest stabe for over 22 hours now. :)




Go to ImageShack® to Create your own Slideshow


Phase#2 in progress...

Replaced all the caps with OS-CON and Chemicon LXZ and KY.



Go to ImageShack® to Create your own Slideshow

Phase III (48 hour memtest after recap) is complete and the board is chugging along happily! Check the article on overclockers.com for updates!






No comments: